Grand Magnate

Member Since Jul 2018
16.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 14, 2019 at 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amyjay View Post
That is why childhood trauma is considered to be a developmental injury. The developmental damage is visible on brain scans, our brains are :"injured" in that they have not been able to follow the normal course of human development and some areas of the brain are still under-develop and others are over-developed. .
As for the question "what should I do"? I would say see a therapist who specializes in developmental trauma, psycho-educate yourself on the effects and consequences of developmental trauma, and develop self-compassion for all the ways in which your developmental trauma has affected you. You have suffered an injury, the effects of which are life-long. It is not a personal failing, it was something that was done to you, something you had zero control over.
This is my understanding too.

My MU always spouted whenever she wanted to, to anyone who would listen, "It's a wonder we both survived."

She wanted to murder me or delete....

Now I realise she was depressed but it always said something more the passion she spoke the words with. She never stopped to think she was the one who did not cope...

I too was out of nappies by one year old.
Thirty shades is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote