View Single Post
IssaColdWorld

Member Since Feb 2019
Default Apr 14, 2019 at 02:09 AM

I was diagnosed in January too. My hypomania causes me to obsess over the end of the world. I'm talking bomb shelter type stuff.

I'll also start worrying about someone I love (family member or friend) unexpectedly dying and seeing visions of the worst possible scenarios, I've gone raging mad screaming down the street at 10PM. I was so loud the cops got called.

It was very embarrassing, but at the time my sister wouldn't come home and I thought she was dead. Turns out she was with her boyfriend, ugh. The cops were so very rude to me as if they had never seen someone mentally ill before (apparently I was wasting police resources by having a manic episode).

That particular night my mom had to force me to take Wellbutrin and an anxiety pill (maybe Xanax) because I couldn't come out of that manic state even after my sister came home. It was horrible and I felt guilt and shame the next day when my neighbors kept asking me what happened, what was wrong with me. Looking back at moments in my life I can see where my mania/hypomania has driven me over the edge.

I'm amazed I wasn't diagnosed with Bipolar sooner! It's frustrating that these doctors let me go on unmedicated having episodes like that.

Will you have your writing published? I used to write entire novels in a week. I posted them online in a writers group, it was very therapeutic and calming for me at a time in my life when I isolated myself during a deep depression.

All the events I'm typing about happened over a 15 year span (I'm in my early 30's.).

Current Meds: Lamictal (300mg) and I'll probably be upping my dose soon.

You Cannot Pour From An Empty Cup. Take Care Of Yourself First.
IssaColdWorld is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote