Thread: Is it safe here
View Single Post
Anonymous32451
Anonymous32451 has no updates. Edit

Default Apr 14, 2019 at 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandalouise View Post
in regards to your thread title question.... I have learned that safety on the internet and in mental health forums are what we make it.

example....

what threads and posts I read is up to me. if I want to keep myself safe I dont read posts and threads that trigger me.

who I talk to and participate with is up to me.. if I want to keep myself safe I use the sites ignore button that allows me to not have to deal with those I do not want to.

when I encounter posts and threads that I feel is dangerous I have the choice to do nothing or report the post or thread so that I and others are not harmed by dangerous posts.

we cant tell you whether this site / this board is safe for you. only you can decide whether its safe and what you need to do to keep your self safe here. everyone makes their own decisions on psych central in regards to safety and self care.

well said.

their is also the trigger code that you can use if their's something you think will be triggering to others (I'd show you how to use it, though if I do it it will come up as the trigger, not the instructions)

their's a thread about it in the comunity support forum.

I'm a very sensitive, easily triggered, person.

I've had to learn since I've been here that yes, some members/ posts are unsafe, but I don't like using ignore so will just skip that members comment or not open the thread in question
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
amandalouise

Thanks for this!
amandalouise