Elder

Member Since Sep 2008
85 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 14, 2019 at 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wander View Post
Depression is insidious. It sneaks in and slowly takes over our lives. This is not your fault. I totally understand the inability to do those things when depressed. Is there anything at all that brings you even a tiny amount of joy? When I am depressed I sometimes drag myself to the beach. I rarely make it but when I do I experience a tiny, tiny amount of hope within the emptiness. We are here for you. Hang in there. Depressions do pass. If the people around you truely care about you they won't care about the state you are in and will instead accept you and not judge. Is there any particular person you trust to not judge you? If so, start with that person first. Maybe go out for a coffee near your flat if you can't have her/him over. Take care.
Thanks Wander, I feel like I'm stuck in the vicious circle of not being good enough. Nothing brings me even the slightest glimmer of happiness. I feel like such a failure. I have failed myself, my family and everyone who has supported me. My Dad just doesn't get it. He hasn't took into consideration in November 2017 my Mum suffered a sever stroke and nearly died. I was "sane" all through that going to the hospital every day and staying with my Dad to keep him company since he had broken his wrist and couldn't do anything. No-one asks how I am I just get on with it.

But I feel I can't let people in as I'm a disappointment to them. I cant even look after my tiny wee flat without messing that up. I can talk to my Sister but again I hate disappointing her.
Miss Laura is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous46341, Daonnachd, Innerzone, MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky