View Single Post
Anonymous55879

Default Apr 14, 2019 at 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TishaBuv View Post
I am going to apologize to my on for anything I may have done that made him angry. I am going to tell him anything he does is acceptable to us, even though it deeply hurts us. We are going to get through the wedding day, pumped with meds.

So much for boundaries, I am eating the shyt sandwich. I can’t bear to be estranged from my son. Though, I expect everything bad to keep happening, and this is a hopeless situation.
Can you just apologize for being upset and agree to disagree? (Respect that he wants something different than his parents do and if he is not being supported by you then that is his right. )

The situation with my son seems hopeless to me on some days but no matter what my son does, I could never bear to be estranged from him.

Don't think of it as backing down (eating a shyte sandwich)--think of it as putting your differences aside for the sake of attending his beautiful wedding. I hope you can find a way to enjoy that day somehow--get drugged if you have to. We know how much marriage changes lives, he doesn't so just let him enjoy the moment. Wasn't your marriage day a happy memory?

Last edited by Anonymous55879; Apr 14, 2019 at 09:47 AM..

Thanks for this!
TishaBuv