View Single Post
Gymgirl71

Member Since Jan 2015
6 hugs
given
Exclamation Apr 14, 2019 at 08:16 AM

Hopefully I start to feel better. I have real abandonment issues. My father was an alcoholic, and my mom stayed married to him. All my relationships have been rocky due to choosing the wrong partner except for one. So my current partner (soon to be ex) is a heavy drinker. This never surfaced at first but his drinking has progressively gotten worse. I guess I never noticed before as he put on a good act about being healthy etc. But everything revolves around drinking. I was starting to feel better about us when he temporarily stopped drinking but it was short lived. I am always triggered in this relationship. He has made plans before and flaked out because he drank and is out of it. He will drink and pass out early. He is now using it as a way to deal with stress. He drinks until he passes out..and I can’t watch him destroy himself like that..it’s heartbreaking. Plus it’s too bad a reminder of my childhood. I have told him about it but yet he doesn’t care. All he cares about is getting drunk like a 21-year old. By staying in the relationship, I’m only enabling him. He needs to hit rock bottom and he is not dragging me down with him.
Gymgirl71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Bill3, unaluna, Yzen