Thread: being late
View Single Post
WishfulThinker66
Magnate

Member Since Jun 2018
117 hugs
given
Default Apr 14, 2019 at 08:58 AM

I have a great deal of anxiety when it is clear I am going to be late. Multiply that tenfold when I am not in control of the situation; when my being late comes at the cause, ineptitude, or lack of caring by someone else.

I don't get ticked at my boyfriend very often but I sure did yesterday. First off he commandeered my thing and made it his own. Worse he did so at the last minute which caused a ripple down effect making us late.

We had a sporting function to got to in which my step-niece was a featured participant. I know she and my brother were counting on my being there to cheer her on. I had made a promise I would be there.

At the last minute, my boyfriend thought it would be a good idea to invite his grandson along to watch the sporting event. This really irked me as we were already cutting into my desired itinerary. We arrived at the boy's home and he wasn't ready to go. Tick tock tick tock tick tock. By the time we had the boy in tow we were already late. And then my boyfriend announces we need to go to the bank. Never mind was my input, we can use debit or the ATM while there. But that costs extra money so we wasted more time driving out of our way so he could go to his bank and save a two dollar ATM fee. We arrived 15 minutes late - to a half hour sporting function.

I was livid! I was humiliated. My brother and his step-daughter were counting on me to be there. I had let them down. And, of course, I was overly concerned about what people would think of me. I get all panicky about this feeling all eyes are me with everyone in a state of disgust and going tsk, tsk. I get incredibly anxious that people are thinking ill of me - that they are assuming I have not cared.

I hate it when this happens. How dare people do this. The message I get is that they don't care, that I mean nothing.
WishfulThinker66 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear, MickeyCheeky, unaluna

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky