View Single Post
DapperChapper

Member Since Feb 2018
2 hugs
given
Default Apr 14, 2019 at 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeezyks View Post
Well... I don't know how common it is to think about self-injury. I think about it pretty much all the time. I've never cut, but I have permanent problems related to self-harming I done in the past.

Should you be concerned? Yes, my personal, non-professional opinion would be you should be concerned. I don't think you should be scared… but certainly to be concerned would be appropriate I would think. Something is driving this spate of self-injurious thinking. And, at least based on my own experiences, this sort of thing has a way of wearing you down over time. So my thinking would be that it might be best to talk all of this through with someone in real life if that is a possibility for you.
Thank you to both of you for your responses. I only know how to quote one of you though, so sorry I can't "reply" to you both directly in the same message. I also apologise with not responding so soon. I don't get much time during the week to sit down at my computer and type out a proper response, but I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my problems.

I am looking at getting an appointment to talk to someone (in a professional capacity) who may be able to help. I called my doctor. Unfortunately, the earliest appointment I could get is about a month away, so I'm just going to have to hold on until then. My mood has been more stable since last week, so I'm hoping it continues.

Thanks for your responses again!

Hugs from:
SlumberKitty, StripedTapir