Buffy01 has no updates.

5 yr Member
9,664 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 14, 2019 at 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose72 View Post
Two days ago, my 21 year old told me that he's transgender. Im having a difficult time dealing with this. Not because Im against transgender specifically- I have trans friends- but because I feel like Im losing him. Like he was diagnosed with cancer and only given a few months to live.

I have a letter he wrote me in 4th grade telling me why he loves me- he signed it. Im grateful that I have a lot of photos of him throughout his life. I am tryi g to make this NOT about me but I cant help it. Im in total shock. I fear something bad will happen to him - people dont always accept transgender people. That's putting it lightly.

I can't wrap my head around this. Its a huge loss. Of course I know that he will still be my child no matter what but I dont know this new person. He has known forever. Everyone in the family (that know so far) is in shock. My mom doent know what to think. As I said I have a friend who is transgender - but Ive only known her as a woman and she's not my child. She is however a great resource.

Nobody can take our relationship away. But I really fear for his well-being and safety. He's only 21.

All for now. Im still stunned, sad, overwhelmed, happy for him, angry... All the stages of grief rolled into one.
I'm sorry that you are struggling right now! I understand how you feel!
Buffy01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote