View Single Post
Gymgirl71

Member Since Jan 2015
6 hugs
given
Default Apr 15, 2019 at 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
That’s how process of dating is. You meet a person and hopefully within few dates or at least few months you see if it’s long term potential or the person is not a suitable partner. If he isn’t right partner, you move on. You did well. Didn’t waste years or whole life on misery. Few months and he shows true colors and you are done. Smart.

I am glad you are seeing a therapist, you can work on how to not attract these unhealthy men and how to maybe spot red flags sooner.

No you aren’t obligated to date anyone who doesn’t fit your standards. And you aren’t obligated to stay with everyone you meet. And don’t worry about age and having to hurry up. Better wait than settle. Heck Hellen Miren got married at 52, first time. Ha if it’s ok for her to wait longer to meet right people than it’s ok for everyone else too lol
We broke up but it wasn’t the way I wanted things to end, so would have been better to ghost...I tried to have a mature conversation and he lashed out so it went downhill..I know he drank too much last night, was running late for work etc, but I told him he has a drinking problem after we broke. At that point, I was like f it I have nothing to lose and I am done being nice and taking his abuse.
Gymgirl71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote