Have Hope has no updates.

5 yr Member
3,617 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 15, 2019 at 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iloivar View Post
I don't think checking to see if she's ok is necessarily enabling. You could maybe send a message saying "hey, just checking in to see if you're ok." The issue is if she says no, then she might expect you to listen to her vent or provide advice, in which case you'll be forced to either ghost her at that moment, state that you'll no longer be providing your services or end up doing the opposite, and that is what could be considered enabling. Even if she says shes fine, she might wonder why you haven't been messaging. You can either explain yourself or again, ghost her at that moment.

None of the above would be ideal I assume, since you'd rather have her reach out to you. Speaking of which, what will you do if she does?

Thank you for your reply! I suppose I could just check in to say hello.... I know she's been depressed, and a guilty part of me feels I should check in. I could always just check in infrequently with her and not be as frequently in touch as we have been. Maybe that would ease my feeling like she leans on me too much. I am guessing that's why she hasn't written, because she's depressed.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote