View Single Post
WishfulThinker66
Magnate

Member Since Jun 2018
117 hugs
given
Default Apr 15, 2019 at 10:17 AM

Hello MD. It is morning here and I truly hope your day is full of promise and gets better.

I want to address the financial stress. The stress of making finances stretch and meeting your needs is no doubt contributing to your wife's I'll health - and your own mental health. I have some suggestions and I am sure there are folks here who would know more about how to find solutions that pertain to your particular circumstances and locale.

Is there some sort of disability assistance your wife would be entitled to? Specifically, anything offered by your provincial or state government social or health agencies? My province provides a disability assistance for such things you describe. While it would be adjusted according to your own income this could be enough to take some of the stress off. Does your state, provincial, or federal tax system allow for any kind of tax deductions? There may be a deduction for her illnesses causing her to be a financial dependent. In fact, I am quite there would be such an option available to you. In Canada for instance there is a disability tax credit in addition to the income earner claiming the other as a dependent. Is there any kind of housing subsidy to look into?

Does your employer have an EAP? Give them a call. They can provide you with suggestions and resources outside your employee health benefits. They can also assist you with resources for your own needs like your mental health.

Finally, you need to take care of your own needs. There ought to be support groups for caregivers or for people dealing with family illness. Don't forget to look for those pertaining to your mental health situation too. If the situation is dire enough, there should be respite services available of some kind in your community. This might involve someone coming to your home, it might involve your wife going to a facility. My father relied on this about every 6mos. It would give him a few days to meet his own needs and rest. Mom always enjoyed her stay at the facility too.
WishfulThinker66 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky