View Single Post
tomatenoir

Member Since Oct 2017
1 hugs
given
Default Apr 15, 2019 at 11:58 AM

For those of you who have left therapy, what have you learned that you don't think you could have realised while IN therapy?

I have realised that I need to rely on myself and myself only. So much of my disappointment comes from expecting people to be there, or do their jobs, or not be pricks. I am, with few exceptions, let down. I am trying to expect nothing from the people I meet.

I have realised that I need to keep my private life more private. I've shared things with people and the lack of sensitivity is outstanding. I now journal or go for a walk. I feel safer.

I have realised that volunteering improves my mental health.

I have realised that I should leave situations that aren't working for me sooner. I'm 35 -- I'm tired of people who can't be bothered.

I have realised I should pour my love into my family and my home. Those are the things most likely to last.

I have learned that when someone denies you a space, you build your own. Don't keep trying to push against a locked door.
tomatenoir is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous41422, HD7970GHZ, missbella, SalingerEsme, SlumberKitty, Taylor27, unaluna

Thanks for this!
guilloche, here today, koru_kiwi, missbella, SalingerEsme, scorpiosis37, unaluna