View Single Post
Moose72
Silver Swan

Member Since Jan 2008
2,548 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 15, 2019 at 01:03 PM

Here it is the 15th and I have no $. I have a full tank of gas and $20 toget me through till May 1st. Food dwindling- but the household makes too much for food stamps. If it were just me hell yeah Id be eligible! Im on disability but that's very hard to live on. For example, Ibought new tennis shoes at the beginning of April because my others were worn out and old and falling apart. But that cost $70- i could've used that for food! I do get child support but its only for my 17 year old. When he turns 18 in September, that money is gone. Now, my ids both work which is why we don't qualify for foodstamps. But it doesn't "count" for my youngest until he turns 18. At that point I'm afraid of what's going to happen. My daughter wants to move out.

All this came about because I overheard someone saying that "people on SSI should have to work". Well DUH! I'm on disability because I CAN'T work. Right now I'm in remission but that can change at the flip of a switch. I try to help my kids live a normal life- but I fear they will grow up only knowing how to live life as a poor person.

Im grumpy today, too, because I am prepping for my colonoscopy on wednesday and I hate it. This is the 3rd time since November that Ive had to do this godaweful prep- the other two got cancelled! Took all that poison for NOTHING.

Good news- my eldest is coming to join me at Tim Hortons soon.. He has the day .

Sorry for whining!

Ativan .5 mg 2x/day
Propranolol 20 mg 2x/day

Mania (December 2023)
Mixed episode/Hypomania (September 2023)
Depression, Anxiety and Intrusive thoughts (September 2021)
Depression & Psychosis (July/August 2021)
Mania (April/May 2019)
Moose72 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous46341, BipolaRNurse, bluemountains, Daonnachd, gina_re, MickeyCheeky, Sunflower123, unaluna, wildflowerchild25, wiretwister

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky