View Single Post
Anonymous46341

Default Apr 15, 2019 at 04:18 PM

Moose, I'm sorry you have to deal with such pressure. And I fully understand about remission. People don't understand how stress is such an extreme trigger for us. Even the thought of having to do a lot more than I am doing is sometimes destabilizing. When I try to take steps forward, I seem to inevitably get pushed backwards again.

My husband's and my financial situation has been so affected, that my husband wants us to relocate to Europe. Don't anyone get fooled. It's not a "dream" move. If I had my way, I'd live the rest of my life exactly where I am, or somewhere in the vicinity, but as sarahsweets wrote, NJ is a very expensive state to live in in many ways. We can no longer afford to live where we do. That saddens me deeply, because my family is deeply rooted in the area we live in.

My husband is a European. That's the main reason why moving there is a good idea for us. Given the high NJ property taxes and other expenses, such as the American healthcare craparola (which could potentially get even worse, depending on 2020), Europe is safer and more affordable in even more desirable areas. Though some people do just fine in my area, it's not so easy for a couple where one person is disabled. Back when I was able to work and had never been hospitalized, we did great. I was actually the bigger earner and had a bright career future, but that ended. Disaster, such as multiple hospitalizations and IOPs, and extreme household income reduction, is tough. My husband is almost 13 years older than me. His retirement savings is not enough for where we live, and I have piddly. Though he would qualify for retirement benefits (Medicare) in five years, if I lost my SSDI, I'd be up sh*ts crick without a paddle, as we say in my area. We'd be forced out eventually. We need to leave before it gets too bad. Plus, our support here is not so great. My Dad is really showing his age, and my siblings have their own issues. My husband and I have no kids. My only living blood nephew is partially disabled, too. My other nephew was, as well, plus we tragically lost him to bipolar depression two years ago. My husband has a sibling and nephews in Europe that could be a greater support to us.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky, Sunflower123

Thanks for this!
hope2010, MickeyCheeky