View Single Post
DazedandConfused254

Member Since Jul 2017
333 hugs
given
Default Apr 15, 2019 at 04:36 PM

I feel like an outsider in my generation for not enjoying casual relationships/sex. At 24 years old, I’m still a virgin and have never been romantically involved with anybody, but where in the college town where I live, the ones who seem to tote their dates and frequently make out seem to get the most attention. Let’s get one thing straight: it’s not that I’m a strict killjoy about romance and sex, because I think both are wonderful things, so I won’t criticize people who enjoy casual relationships. However, I’m cautious by nature, so I’m not the type to be completely bold about making love to someone whom I barely know. This is just merely a personal preference. I’m also in the process of concentrating only on true friendships, instead of keeping a humongous network of friends and acquaintances in light of hurting myself in striving to please others or fit in with a crowd who barely appreciates/values me. But I’m discouraged when I have talked to my friends in the past about my insecurities arising from several rejections. They acknowledge that many (but not all) people in my generation are largely involved in the “hookup” culture, while others have told me to “lighten up”. Well what if I don’t want to be a part of the hookup culture? What if I prefer lasting friendships/romances that aren’t merely just fleeting?

Is it ok not to enjoy casual sex? Or am I just a weird misfit?

"If you can dream it you can do it!" ~ Walt Disney
DazedandConfused254 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote