BeyondtheRainbow
Wise Elder

BeyondtheRainbow has no updates.

8 yr Member
9,275 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 15, 2019 at 07:26 PM

This link is where you start the application process and also gives you information you may need/want. Disability Benefits | Social Security Administration You can also apply at your local social security office. If you choose to use an attorney contact them before you start. Some people use attorneys through the whole process and some wait until they've been denied once or twice. My advice is for the situation that you are not using an attorney simply because I didn't and I don't know that process.

If I remember right you start with an online form and then they send you more paperwork as well as sending paperwork to your doctors. They will request medical records for you.

Give every detail you can. Don't try to look good; point out how difficult anything that is difficult is and why it is difficult and how you manage or don't manage. Include every doctor and hospital you've seen/been in for as far back as you can (or it allows you).

Your pdoc will support or not support you but it isn't their decision. Obviously it does help if they support the decision. You can start the process on your own before you see the pdoc.

If you have questions please post. Lots of us have been through the process.

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky, Wild Coyote

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky, Wild Coyote