View Single Post
hope2010

Member Since Jan 2010
1,103 hugs
given
Default Apr 15, 2019 at 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo Fighter View Post
I skinned my knee in my driveway badly on Wednesday. It looked like horror show cleaning it up and my husband and I had to go to the drugstore to buy extra big bandages, extra Neosporin and gauze since it's a big abrasion and the bandaids we had at home were not going to provide coverage. I washed it off, powerwashed it in the shower to get the dirt and crap out and have been putting Neosporin on like crazy. I decided to let it air out tonight but it's gross looking. Its also oozing this yellow stuff. I'm terrified I picked something up from the pavement or where I work (hospital). I don't feel sick, I haven't seen any pus or a lot if swelling, it hurts but not as bad as when I initially skinned it. I've asked my husband twice if he thought it looked infected. He said no but it looks all wet looking and nasty. The oozing is weirding me out. Should I just see a doctor or leave it alone? I have seen what MRSA does and I do work where I am exposed to it (It was covered). Sorry it's gross looking and freaking me out.
I am sorry that you skinned your knee. Happened to me a few years ago. I did go to Urgent Care because I wanted to be sure about how to treat it. They gave me gauze, Neosporin and recommended to leave it air out as much as I can. If you are having doubts about how it looks like I would go to see a doctor. Just to be sure.
Anxiety does that to us, over worried, we freaked out. I just hope that you are feeling much better tonight. Hugs

Thanks for this!
Foo Fighter