Magnet

Member Since Jun 2017
15.5k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 16, 2019 at 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricManatee View Post
It's hard to know what your T meant by her comment, if anything. I sense that maybe you feel a bit judged? Since you're still thinking about it now, it seems like our might be worth talking about with her.
You know, I've been wondering that, did that comment strike me because I feel judged somehow by it? I mostly feel interested in why this keeps popping up, but also feel a little bit "Really? WhatEVER." Judgement would be inconsistent with who my t has been in my therapy. I suspect she likely intended to convey something similar to what you and AmyJay are both pointing out about the ability to contain the emotions as topics roll around again, and the timing and tone missed the mark since we couldn't really pull back and discuss it.

I have found that when something rolls around in my head like this tugging at my attention, there's usually something there for me to learn. So partly I am trying to figure out where this fits in my big picture of therapy and recovery, and partly I am taken aback because the things I am talking about are daily and immediate and hard, and it seems that crying is a pretty appropriate emotional response.

So...grist for the mill, is that the saying? She's gone for a couple weeks. Maybe I'll have it all sorted by the time she gets back.

Thanks for this!
ElectricManatee, LabRat27, LonesomeTonight, SlumberKitty