View Single Post
miscoloured

Member Since Apr 2019
1 hugs
given
Default Apr 16, 2019 at 08:49 AM

Hi @Unbalancedjo ,

I too have been given a recent bipolar II diagnosis and relate to the tunnel visioned productivity I like to call it!

Anything I put my mind to - I can accomplish in great time and with perfection. Only I can't apply this superpower to anything I want (usually house projects, rarely university assignments, cleaning the house until early hours of the morning). Whatever it is that I am focussed on for the hour/ day/ week/ month - I achieve at an incredible standard.
It's like my productivity skyrockets and nothing else matters - struggling to sleep, make time to eat or do anything else I logically know I should be doing.

But knowing I am achieving this one specific task I have put all of my energy into does give me a eurphoric feeling! It's like a sense of urgency overtakes me and all of a sudden I can see so clearly the most effective way to get something done. Multitasking is a big thing for me too when hypomanic - and with that, distraction.

I don't get paranoid as such, but my anxiety does intensify and make me percieve things differently - like heightened awareness I guess. Except I will see a leaf is a creepy crawly C running towards me until I snap out, or hear voices of what I imagine others' thoughts are based off their body language and spoken words. Sounds a little strange when I put it like that, huh.

And with your not fitting thoughts in your head. YES! The amount of lists I write for myself to remember great ideas, realisations, things to get done or just a good thought when I'm hypomanic is beyond reasonable. I feel like I am compelled to write them down just to declutter my mind.
My mind is just overflowing with what seems like never ending creative, intelligent thoughts - in hindsight probably just my inflated self esteem talking there, but nevertheless they are never ending!

I too have been trying to grasp an understanding of my bipolar diagnosis - everyone's experiences are always so different on a personal level. Reading your experiences has been helpful to me in understanding and fitting my 'symptoms' into the criteria medical professsionals keep mentioning, so thanks!
miscoloured is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote