s4ndm4n2006 has no updates.

8 yr Member
183 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 16, 2019 at 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss P View Post
....to walk away from a relationship with someone who has m/h issues? I'm not proud of it, but, I've now chosen to shut out a family member, because I no longer feel able to go forward with them, in a positive way, I've given up all hope that this'll ever happen. We have both kicked the other, tripped them up, shut them off, etc, in the past. Both of us have treated the other horribly badly, over time. I got to a point, that, I think it's best (on all fronts) to go our separate ways. I guess, I'm asking, if/when you believe as though, you've tried everything, and you feel you'd all be best off, not interacting, is it acceptable to just give up on a person?

Sorry for ranting, I've been told I can't just cut off from people, but I disagree.

I have to agree with others and to carry it further, for the sake of taking care of yourself, it is almost always the right thing to do - especially after trying to make the friendship/relationship work many times.

Also I have to add, you said
Quote:
]....to walk away from a relationship with someone who has m/h issues?

mental health issues does not in any way make you more obligated to stay in the relationship any more than with someone that does not have these issues. The idea that in some way because someone else is struggling with something makes you obligated to take care of, help or even just be friends with them is just not the right way to look at it.
s4ndm4n2006 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Miss P

Thanks for this!
Bill3, Miss P