View Single Post
Anonymous44076
Anonymous44076 has no updates. Edit

Default Apr 16, 2019 at 10:30 AM

Hello MaroonAbalone. Sorry you are struggling. I've been there! Try reducing or eliminating caffeine. At night, you could try a cup of ginger tea or chamomile ....there are even some teas with lavender extract added for sleep...or any other hot caffeine-free tea options you enjoy.

Try an organic essential oil lavender spray....spray your bedroom or your pulse points. (Never use undiluted essential oils directly on your skin; harmful).

Try going to bed one hour earlier than you typically do. You can read about sleep hygiene strategies online such as no TV in the bedroom etc

When I increase my cardio exercise, I find it much easier to fall asleep provided the exercise isn't too late in the day...that can have the reverse effect!

Guided meditation can do wonders for insomnia and anxiety. Here's just one example of many great options on YouTube:

Guided meditation before sleep
YouTube

You also mentioned sugar in your tea. Sugar causes inflammation in the body and inhibits the immune system. It is likely affecting your sleep and mood too by throwing off your body. I wonder what you could replace it with?

A lot of doctors and dieticians now deem the stomach "the second brain" because there is such a strong link between our diet/gut health and mood. Maybe take a look at your overall diet, both day and eve, and see if you can make some substitutions....could help with the anxiety and sleep.

I wish you peace and sweet dreams!
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
MaroonAbalone