joshuas-mommy has no updates.

10 yr Member
25 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 16, 2019 at 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTrees View Post
May I ask how old you are? Who are the mental health workers? What are their credentials?

Are you a minor living with your mother and a social worker is trying to help you navigate that?

Or an adult who no longer lives with parents?

If you're an adult, nobody can force you to do anything. if you don't want a relationship with someone, you don't have to have one.

The research in psych suggests that some sort of middle ground is healthiest. Being enmeshed with abusive family members is obviously very harmful. But complete estrangement carries it's own burden and pain too. So I think that's why therapists try to help clients work toward a middle ground. That's what my therapist recommended though we did not always agree. I support each person's own individual choice. I was estranged from my abusive father when he died. I try the middle ground with my mother....sometimes I am more successful than others. It is really difficult.
I am an adult who haven't lived with my parents for a long time. The mental health workers don't believe me. They want to become more mentally ill, I guess. I would be happy to not have her in my life. I stopped talking to her a long time ago because she was abusing my infant son. Then, the mental health workers forced me to start having a relationship with her again.
joshuas-mommy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear, Thirty shades