Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
884 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 16, 2019 at 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheetoTree View Post
Full confession time: I’m not shy or socially anxious in real life. I’m a relatively happy extravert. But... anything remotely negative, if addressed to me online, turns me into an epic mess of despair and tears. Something as ubiquitous as sarcastic tweets or negative reblogs is sheer emotional pain, making me want to swear off whatever platform offended me and just hide from the world. I once cried for 8 hours after a post of mine went viral and inevitably generated a few nay-sayers along with thousands of positive reposts.

I’ve never heard of a problem like this. Social media is 98% of modern life, but it’s like hot claws to me. I feel crippled by this problem. I don’t know what’s wonderful in my brain that makes me this way, but I’m an aspiring writer and I HAVE to brave social media in order to hope to market myself. It’s an annoying issue, to say the least.

Has anyone heard of a problem like mine? Any ideas how to overcome it?
I dont have this problem but I have a relative who has this problem... her solution is no facebook, no twitter or any other online social or professional life.

put simply she lives by her own personal moto of do no harm not even to self even if that means not being on social media.

by the way there are ways to promote your work with out having to be on social media. most people do the out in the community promoting. ie scheduling with their churches, schools and other community events as a speaker / autographing their work/ meet and greets/ news channel segments......

I know someone who's books sold out and had to go through another printing and they did nothing online.

in a world where the internet and social media is the majority people actually "flock" to actual out in the community just to be able to meet their favorite persons for real instead of the superficial in twitter/ facebook and all...

when you finish your book and its printing either for kindle or paper version or both just contact your nearest news channels and libraries and churches and schools
amandalouise is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Bowie’sLady, MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
Bowie’sLady, MickeyCheeky