View Single Post
Anonymous45634

Default Apr 16, 2019 at 05:05 PM

I walked up to the desk & said "I don't feel safe." they said ok & immediately took me inside to a small room. a nurse came in than began taking my vitals and talking with me. shortly, they took me into the main er and placed me in a small room in the back where I could be alone. I changed into a gown & they took all my stuff (I knew I was going to stay so I brought 3 days worth clothing). soon a nurse came in again and checked on me, asked if I wanted something to eat. etc. a dr came in and sat with me and chatted..asked about the feelings, what had been going on, did I feel safe? did I think I would act on them? what kind of support I had at home etc. it was very calm. eventually they came in & said I would be admitted to the floor. they packed up all my stuff and me and wheeled me up there. once there I was introduced to the desk staff etc. another nurse interviewed me and got me settled in. they took my clothes for a day . it was scary when the door locked , but I got used to that quickly (it was a locked ward..a smaller unti) men on one side, women the other some had single rooms others not) everyone ate in the common rooms, there was art therapy, group therapy, etc. food was decent you could order what you wanted, snacks during the day.

honestly it wasn't bad. nurses check checking in on you, dr as well. you had access to a phone, tv's. don't recall about cell phones etc.. I was discharged after 4 days with a follow up with my dr & therapist. visitors were allowed.

I was in a few more times. for medicine changes , etc, suicide issues etc. it is a great resource to have available. all they want is for you to heal & feel better. not like the horror shows of tv.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Bill3, divine1966