Member Since Oct 2017
9,711 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 16, 2019 at 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTrees View Post
Hi folks,

PC is the only form of social media I have ever used. I hear a lot of talk in the world about "trolling" and "internet trolls." I did some basic reading on the topic and would like to learn more.

How do you define trolling? What would be some examples of internet trolling?

Are there strategies to prevent trolling?

How should a person respond if they feel they are being trolled?

My mother told me a story about a young boy being trolled by someone in another country, a grown man pretending to be an adolescent, who tormented the poor boy so much that he ended his life. It's obviously a very sad topic but seems to be pertinent to mental health.

Would following a member around on PC....each time they create a new thread, creating duplicate threads in order to post public comments about being on their Ignore list and "not allowed" to respond to the threads...would that count as trolling?

Have you ever been trolled and would like to share your truth?

Have you ever educated children or adolescents about trolling and ways to deal with it? What did you advise? My young niece struggles with social media/posts from the girls at school. I'm not exactly sure what to tell her at times beyond just keeping her distance...but then she argues that she feels excluded if she doesn't use social media.
Yes I am being troll on YouTube for past two years all because someone didn't like my opinion on two video.
Buffy01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous44076