View Single Post
Anonymous52333
Anonymous52333 has no updates. Edit

Default Apr 16, 2019 at 09:19 PM

This sounds like a very scary experience. My experience with those close to me is that they don't know what to do, are very worried, and can sometimes appear insensitive. It's from their love and fear for you at the same time.
I have to ask...were you drinking in this bar? I'm asking because when I'm drinking, I have had some strange experiences in the Dissociation Depersonalization/Derealization category. I've started limiting myself to only a few drinks because of it. It seems alcohol makes things worse.
At any rate, what you're describing sounds very similar to some of my experiences. I'm diagnosed with PTSD, panic disorder, and cognitive impairment. If you have PTSD, it sounds like you're experiencing possibly flashbacks with Dissociative features. Something as simple as someone talking to me for a long period of time can trigger it. Driving in heavy traffic can trigger it. Nothing can happen at all to trigger it.
It is scary, and I feel for you. You should find a good trauma therapist to speak with. People have posted grounding techniques on here. Nothing has personally worked for me yet, but they seem to be good for most people.
I wish you luck & please be open to getting some help. I made the grave mistake of waiting for years and it just makes the road to getting better that much harder.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
PinkRobots