View Single Post
hope2010

Member Since Jan 2010
1,103 hugs
given
Talking Apr 16, 2019 at 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLess47 View Post
A thousand times YAY for going out! I was thinking about you today as I debated in my mind whether I should go out for a walk. I didn't. But I looked out the windows.

You guys are definitely not alone...agoraphobia can come in waves. It was very severe for me 20 years ago. Now I understand it as an anxiety that has grown to a point where it takes over logic. Kind of like you are on a tight rope and you have "whatever you do, don't look down!" repeating in your mind. You might even close your eyes. Then one day open them, look down, and the ground is just inches away after all.

Last weekend I had to go to a mall. At all times I avoid malls. I made my husband take me and I really wanted to just order the thing I needed online. Anyway...we went. I bought the thing. And then 2 days later when I tried it on, it was the wrong size. UUUUUUGGGHHHHHH. I actually considered not saying anything, and not doing anything about it. Then I looked online (where I normally shop) and thought about just buying a new one in the right size. My husband wound up taking me again...I literally said, "Bye (store), see you never again."

LOL. It sounds crazy. But this is the struggle. Right? Something fritzy in us that is powerful. But we are even more powerful.

Small goals. Small things to prove to ourselves that we can. It doesn't mean we always will. But it means that compassion and acceptance are the keys to getting outside...

FearLess47
Hi! I am so happy to hear that you remember me.
What a very wise thing to say " Small goals. Small things to prove to ourselves that we can. It doesn't mean we always will. But it means that compassion and acceptance are the keys to getting outside...

I don't like going to the mall too. But when I really need something, like for a trip, I go to one particular store, check online first, then try the outfits in person. We also have in common "the no willing to return whatever goes wrong to the store" .
I have to push myself to do so, help me to think that I can find something better .... that I can be like everybody else and return my things.

I didn't have agoraphobia before. I was isolating myself for time to time with depression, but I didn't get to this point when for five months my house is the only place I am comfortable to be, day after day I enclose myself in this world of loneliness.

I am a fighter like all of you! We are brave because we live with something no many have to face every single day. Small goals, one day at the time, we keep walking together. Hugs

Hugs from:
rainbow8

Thanks for this!
rainbow8