View Single Post
sarahsweets
Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 17, 2019 at 04:33 AM

I was always overweight growing up but not obese. When I got pregnant with my first child I gained a lot of weight and never lost it. I never was a food addict- but I always had portion control issues combined with poor choices and bad metabolism. In 2009 I had roux-n-y gastric bypass and it saved my life. A lot of people are under the impression that this was an easy fix. I had to commit to eating a certain way for the rest of my life, taking certain vitamins and avoiding sugar. I am very proud to say I have kept all 127lbs (all but 15) off for 10 years. I know 5 people that have all had various gastric surgeries and they have all gained the weight back. I think it physically restricted me from over eating which made sticking to my food plan easier. Its not an easy fix but in some cases it helps. The gastric sleeve is very popular now and personally imo it is too "non-permanent"-meaning its sold as reversible or adjustable but I think that lulls people into a false sense of comfort. I also had to stay active. I actually need to get back to exercising once my shoulder heals. I am just sharing this in case its something you may have considered.

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote