View Single Post
Anonymous47864

Default Apr 17, 2019 at 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TishaBuv View Post
What triggered the negative self-talk?

When I beat myself up, it’s because something negative happened to me, which triggered my emotional reaction, which then makes me feel everyone hates me for my emotional reaction, then beating myself up for that.

I have developed this habit of randomly looking through people’s Facebook pages and beating myself up for not having friends and family like I am convinced everybody else has. In my irrational moments, I am convinced that everybody but me has loving friends and family. To me, success is not material things and money, it’s having friends and family. I tell myself I am a failure.

Then at work I feel isolated because I don’t make friends at work like ‘everyone else’ does. I tell myself I am an outcast.

None of this is logical but I just want to put all this out there and make myself just see it... and see it for what it is. It’s an ugly and hurtful way to treat myself.

I really believe that I am a bad and unloveable person. I really do. I really am genuinely surprised when people like me.

This is no way to live life. It’s not. I believe that I should appreciate life and appreciate the blessings in my life. Emotionally, I don’t act that way though. I can now see how much I hurt myself and also... I hurt others because of all this.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky, Open Eyes

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky