Magnate

Member Since Oct 2017
736 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 17, 2019 at 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookyl View Post
I don’t think I could handle it if my pdoc was manic. When I was an inpatient one of my fellow patients was a pdoc, bipolar and manic. She was indiscreet and constantly talking and laughing about her patients. I would’ve hated to have been her patient.
It made it really clear why my pdoc refused to clear me to work in my healthcare profession. I’m glad I am remembered as professional and discreet.
Thanks for sharing, Pookyl. Encountering such a person as your pdoc in his or her office would be even more scary and disheartening. The good part was he wasn't divulging confidential information about other patients but about his own manic state of mind.

I think he is taking very high doses of medication. He was rocking back and forth in a mechanical way at times yesterday. He did listen carefully when I told him about how my son ended up with a new job, and there is some validation that comes from that. It is just weird how few questions he asks and how hard it is to fill up 45 minutes of time.

2.5 mg olanzapine
tecomsin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote