View Single Post
Open Eyes
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2011
21.3k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 17, 2019 at 10:48 AM

As a result of chronic abuse, victims may struggle with symptoms of PTSD, Complex PTSD if they had additional traumas like being abused by narcissistic parents or even what is known as “Narcissistic Victim Syndrome” (Cannonville, 2015; Staggs 2016). The aftermath of narcissistic abuse can include depression, anxiety, hypervigilance, a pervasive sense of toxic shame, emotional flashbacks that regress the victim back to the abusive incidents, and overwhelming feelings of helplessness and worthlessness.

11 Mandatory Rules for Dealing With a Narcissist | Liberation after Narcissistic Abuse

When reviewing things that were said to you that were mean and degrading, it helps to understand that mean things are often said by people who are narcissistic as described in the things I posted. This tends to bring about a need to revisit these terrible things said and done to you. I know I did this myself a lot, but what about looking at these symptoms, why you experience this challenge, are you dealing with these challenges and how can you work on finally healing to where you can begin to give yourself permission to disconnect from the individuals that contribute to these feelings of shame and unworthiness and guilt.
Open Eyes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Bill3, OwlFox, RoxanneToto, TishaBuv