View Single Post
FearLess47

Member Since Apr 2019
267 hugs
given
Default Apr 17, 2019 at 06:51 PM

Hope2010 I started to laugh because I thought your last line said "I will try to drive BY the gym..."

I laughed only because that is something I used to do! And I would still consider driving by an accomplishment.

Your post contains the clues you seek.

It starts by stating some valid fears. That you are not alone in those fears. But also not alone.

Recognition of that "fear" of trauma (thinking about it, reliving it, worrying) creates anxiety, which then makes staying home more safe.

Self awareness that it is in the past, and that you are supported now. (Though not blaming yourself, expecting it to magically disappear, etc. Acknowledging the layers.)

Despite all of this, hope for the future.

A declaration that you will make a small goal.

A call to action for us who get it.

Full circle.

I have/had 17 medical appointments this month...so I am using that as my excuse to hibernate at all other times without apologizing.

Someone mentioned this...and it's really important - Literally step a toe out the door. Then, self check. Breathe. Then try a foot. Pull it back. Self check. Breathe. (Like, it's Tuesday, it's sunny out, I am safe and I am going to stick my foot out the door.) Try it! Be playful.

FearLess47
FearLess47 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
hope2010

Thanks for this!
hope2010