Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
199 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 17, 2019 at 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisabel View Post
I think it’s so easy to see the mistakes of others and not my own. I can easily give advice to others but it’s hard to take my own advice sometimes. I think I have made most of the social mistakes your friend makes. Especially the one about assuming friendships are closer than they are. I have pulled way back from that. What I noticed is that I have a lot of acquaintances but not really any friends. I’m working on accepting that. It’s very hard to build and maintain relationships. Friendships are especially hard I think.
Yeah I agree. And yeah, it is very common for people to think some of their friendships are closer than they really are I made that mistake a lot when I was in high school and before that. It can make it seem like they are purposely being rude when in fact they are just simply not as close.

They may like you, but not as close as they do to others. I’ve come to learn the difference between someone genuinely being rude and someone who just simply doesn’t feel close to me but may still like me though. I no longer do that. I’m very careful and I don’t assume friendships are super close off the bat. Yeah friendships can be hard.
rdgrad15 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
saidso

Thanks for this!
saidso