View Single Post
saidso
Veteran Member

Member Since Oct 2018
165 hugs
given
Default Apr 18, 2019 at 02:44 AM

You have known this man a lot longer and a lot more deeply than some cub reporter in the media, so I would say to step back and trust your own instincts. The media are not known these days for their in-depth capacities of investigation. I've had US friends tell me stuff about Europe that was printed in US media which was close to being absolute fiction. If your gut feeling is to trust this therapist, then trust him and trust your gut feeling.

The only good therapist who I ever had was also a controversial figure: within her profession people hated or adored her. We meet and trust people in our lives for a reason. If you need support and reassurance around this - especially around his continued status as a professional - don't feel guilty about asking for it.

I think that you will find that doctors who are challenged in their profession, especially mature experienced doctors, often find support among their peers and colleagues who live with the same personal and professional pressures. If you need backup, you might want to ask your doctor if he has a supportive colleague who you could discuss all of this with. You don't have to protect your therapist, and you do have responsibility for looking after yourself and taking care of your own needs.

Of course this is horribly distressing, and although you may feel supportive in the short-term you may also feel angry with your therapist for how this may disrupt your therapy. It's ok, we all human and everyone is vulnerable to making a mistake and then being hounded by the media. Please do what you need to reassure yourself in this situation, and trust that your therapist is big enough to fight his own battles.

Best wishes to you! Saidso

oh god I am struggling today, help me to remember how to stay connected and human!

remember: the nut shell against human predators and my own fear!
saidso is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
wiretwister