View Single Post
randomer123
Grand Member

Member Since Aug 2018
4 hugs
given
Default Apr 18, 2019 at 05:09 AM

Just adding to this (as there's no option to edit?):

After writing all of that and getting the main things out, I noticed some other little things. The main one, I can't write about because it's very personal and if anyone I know is on this site and reads it, they will know it's me.

But another major one is trying to look good when there's no point. The main place I do this is on Goodreads, if I feel like I'm taking too long to read a short book then I'll feel it looks bad. Then I'll set it as read before I've finished it. Now I have no friends and the people I know don't look at it.

Nobody is going to look at my profile unless some random person stumbles across it, and why should I care what they think? Why should I care what anyone thinks? It's meaningless. Nobody cares how long I took to finish a book, that's ridiculous. But of course, the ego cares and it doesn't want to be bruised. It obviously thinks I'm so important that people actually care and look at my profile and the dates of when I started and finished a book. How ridiculous!

Well I don't care that it thinks, I'm going to take as long as I need to finish them and tick them off when I do, and not care at all what it looks like. I am not that important, nobody cares, it doesn't matter.
randomer123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote