View Single Post
offroad711

Member Since Aug 2016
Default Apr 18, 2019 at 06:27 AM

This looks like a good book.

My understanding of Borderline (BPD) is the conventional theory is you have to be a highly sensitive person to actually become borderline. Al though not all highly sensitive people become BPD. However when you combine being a highly sensitive person with a invalidating (usually abusive) parent/guardian during developing years this is how BPD is created. You cannot become BPD without having both.

I am 43 years old and I seem to only get more sensitive as I get older. But I also wonder if the longer I am sober I become more sensitive as well. Just yesterday I got 4 years sobriety. I drank all my adult life to numb my feelings so now with sobriety my theory is that I just keep growing more sensitive!!

Seems like lately I cry on a daily basis which is pretty abnormal for a grown man!! Thank god I can mostly keep this to when I am alone. I am not ashamed of it and I also feel it is healthy, but at the same time I wonder that it will keep getting worse to the point I will start crying in the middle of the grocery store! LOL

Finally I am super sensitive by touch and taste. This does seem to cycle with intensity....
offroad711 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
HD7970GHZ