View Single Post
darkside8
darkside8 .

5 yr Member
24 hugs
given
Default Apr 18, 2019 at 11:12 AM

Many comments in hopealwayz thread have mentioned warmth and connection in therapy, and how for some therapists, this is not important, or that this is not the approach they take.

Generally speaking, therapists do need to work on building connection to some degree in order to form a good relationship.

I’m interested however, in relation to the blank slate therapist, what a therapist who really wants to show/build warmth and connection would look like? What do they do, or not do, during the therapy process that makes it clear that they value warmth and connection?

My therapist is most definitely not a blank slate therapist, but I’d like to have a better understanding of where on the spectrum she is by comparing my ideas on this topic with those of others.

A different topic if anyone has anything to contribute - why do you think therapists sometimes, with particular questions, respond by starting the sentence with ‘well, as a therapist...’? What are they trying to imply here? I’m curious. For me, I almost want to respond with, how about you answer as a ‘human’.. 🤔

Last edited by darkside8; Apr 18, 2019 at 12:11 PM..
darkside8 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote