View Single Post
Anonymous45634

Default Apr 18, 2019 at 04:07 PM

don't weigh yourself every day. eat a balanced diet. no fads. and exercise. the key to losing weight boils down to doing more activity then what you are eating (putting out more then you are putting in). period. meds will play a role in it. as you get older it becomes harder to lose weight. some folks (myself included) are sort of fit while fat...I can do time on the treadmill (or elliptical) lift weights, etc and my blood pressure is fairly normal. I am heavy but strong..not everyone has the body shape of a slim petite person. perhaps you are just not born that way. i'm stocky...ain't nothing going to change that. I can lose weight and look totally unhealthy, but skinny. and it's not good for me. you have to find what is the healthy weight for you..chances are it isn't the weight plastered on the printed forms.

lose weight if you have to but do it in a healthy manner...safely. don't get crazy over it..go slow..chances are you didn't get heavy overnight so lose the weight slowly. it's healthier for your body. mentally & physically and you'll have a better chance of keeping it off.

you only live once....my feeling is, if slightly heavy is what my body performs best at, well then I will be ok with it...I don't need to match up to what society needs me to look like.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote