View Single Post
Isolda van der Meer

Member Since Jun 2018
48 hugs
given
Default Apr 18, 2019 at 04:50 PM

Hi there,
I'd just like to hear what you think. I feel like I could have some mental health problems, probably some kind of manic depression. But when I read about it, my situation seems not so bad compared to what I've read.

A complication is that I don't really remember my strange moods. I just forget every of my feelings immediately and I feel like nothing unusual ever happened. I know what happened, what I was doing and how I felt, but I feel like it wasn't real, if you understand. I also really want to think that I'm totally okay and nothing is wrong with me. But what I know is this:

I have some periods of bad mood. It lasts usually from one to three months. I thing it's not very serious since I can do the majority of things as usual (excepting some moments). I just don't feel good. Sometimes I'm tired and feel empty, sometimes I cry for no reason, sometimes I'm anxious. I also quite often think about death and I have some moments when I feel like I deserve death because I'm horrible person and everybody would be glad if I died. But I think my behaviour is quite normal and nobody notices any changes (or at least nobody told me).

On the other hand, I have also some periods of strange good mood. These periods are more various. Sometimes I feel quite euphoric and sometimes I have just a strange feeling, like something extraordinary will definitely happen and will definitely be something great. I often think that I'm in contact with another dimension and then I write strange philosophical texts about music (I'm a composition student). But I also don't think I behave strangely during these periods. Maybe I'm sometimes more talkative. There are also more strange periods of strange good mood when I have a lot of energy and can't get rid of it. Then I often just run somewhere (and that's strange because I usually hate running). I also speak faster and gestikulate more. Once I even planned to have sex with the first man I'll see (and that's totally not my style), but i didn't do it.

I have also some mixed periods when I can laugh loudly and plan a suicide in one moment. It usually comes when I don't sleep enough. Once I met a friend during this period and he stared at me all the time and asked three times if I was okay.

I didn't do anything to solve it and I don't think I will do so in the future. I don't feel like it's so serious and I got quite used to it... and I so desperately want to think that I'm totally okay (or at least just a mad composer). But I'd love to know your opinion.

Thank you for reading this and sorry for the long text and for my bad English.
Isolda van der Meer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MtnTime2896, Unrigged64072835, wiretwister, Zuzian

Thanks for this!
FriendlyJoe, Skeezyks