View Single Post
rdgrad15
Magnate
rdgrad15 Keep striving to be happy and maintain a positive mental attitude! :)

5 yr Member
199 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 18, 2019 at 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saidso View Post
Very good point!!! I see so many people on this site believing that people are hostile rather than simply disinterested/ preoccupied elsewhere in their lives. I know myself that I close people out when I'm unable to cope - usually because I'm unable to understand where they are coming from. Living in a city I get bombarded with so many incomprehensible behaviours. "If someone would only explain themselves to me... if someone would only take half a step towards communicating their needs fairly and without anger... then I would be supportive". That's how I honestly feel most days: "just freaking tell me what you need without manipulating/ blaming/ or waiting for me to come over your side of the boundary between us and magically know you".

Of course it's not that easy to communicate. I am just being honest about my own side of any unfamiliar interaction which is usually overload and frustration. I tend to stay with people who are easily comprehensible.

Reflecting further, I myself am often unable to gauge the level of interest of the opposite gender (men in my case). Some men flatter for all sorts of reasons other than genuine intentions of relating. Hmmn, would welcome any feedback on that one!

I like what you write about learning to notice the difference between someone who isn't close to you but still likes you! Like that very much!!! I'm sure that attending to that would improve my relationships also, because it would let other people know that I am sensitive to their emotional boundaries. That's super important in getting closer to someone.

Thank you for posting this thread!!!
You’re welcome and yeah it can be difficult. I am sensitive too to other people’s emotions.
rdgrad15 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote