View Single Post
susannahsays
Grand Magnate

Member Since Jun 2018
1 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 18, 2019 at 07:47 PM

The tiny terror (aka my dog) has a way of verbally abusing people until they apologize. It's really embarrassing, but I'm also baffled why other people say sorry when he's the one having an unprovoked conniption of barking. It's so humiliating. Worse, his shrill cries of rage whip up other dogs who are usually very calm. If they are small, they join in and start barking. Large dogs attempt to hurl themselves at the "threat" to protect the little lamb. I am sitting a retriever/chow mix and a boxer who are very friendly dogs, but the way they act when my dog whips them up is insane.

His old bark collar worked pretty well, but it stopped detecting his barks. His new one detects his barks only after the initial volley and isn't very effective. He couldn't care less about the shock. I think I'll try a more expensive training collar next. Can't really afford it, but this issue causes me so much embarrassment on a daily basis. I hate to think about what a bad reputation he must have, and that his behavior is exactly why lots of people dislike chihuahuas (while ignoring all their excellent features).

Hugs from:
atisketatasket, Omers, SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
WarmFuzzySocks