Thread: Ending Therapy
View Single Post
charmed97
Newly Joined

Member Since Apr 2019
Default Apr 18, 2019 at 10:06 PM

I ended therapy a few weeks ago. It was my first experience with therapy and I had gone every Friday for 7 months straight. We had to end due to my sessions being up. I go to therapy at my school’s counseling and psychological services and students are only allowed a certain number of sessions with a counselor.

When I ended therapy, it was so hard. Both my therapist and I cried. It was very emotional for the both of us, but I felt so grateful that day. I’m eternally appreciative of this experience. I was ok the first week or so. I felt myself and I was still feeling good, but now it’s starting to hit me where I’m like: Oh, shoot. I’m on my own now. I don’t have someone to constantly talk about my problems and give me reassurance about my life.

I don’t have a supportive family. They never even knew I was going to therapy once a week and even if they did know, I know they wouldn’t be supportive of therapy. They don’t know that I suffer from anxiety. I don’t know why it’s suddenly become a problem for me that I’m no longer going to therapy. It’s been such a change for me and I don’t know why it’s been so hard. I didn’t wanna admit that it’s been bothering me, but tonight I finally accepted it and broke down into tears.

I guess what I’m asking for is advice on how to keep those tools and everything gathered from therapy into your daily life. How can someone let all their feelings out and talk about their problems without having to go back to therapy? I’m having a hard time adjusting and I just need some words of wisdom.
charmed97 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
here today