Veteran Member

Member Since Oct 2011
1,231 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 19, 2019 at 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudFox View Post
From what i've seen, a meaningful number of therapy relationships are hierarchical and fear-based. Clients give up some of their dignity and power in order to "get help" and begin taking subtle forms of abuse in order not to be cut off from the supply of reassurance or alleged insight. .
exactly...

whether it was intentional or not or because of the structure/dynamic of the therapeutic relationship, therapy with my ex-T clearly fed into my deepest fears..my fears of being unworthy, unlovable, and that i would eventually be abandoned and forever lonely and disconnected from humans if i did not conform, appease and submit to others, including him. this often led to many painful and strong transference re-enactments playing out in the relationship with my T and dominated my therapy.

fortunately, when and after ending therapy, that was the thing i finally learned...i no longer had those fears. i fully accepted and embraced that i was worthy of love, from both others and myself, and i no longer feared being alone. i no longer feared that my T would abandon me or that i needed to earn his love and be loved by him to survive life. for me, it was incredibly freeing to no longer feel i had to live a life dictated by those fears.
koru_kiwi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
here today, missbella