View Single Post
sarahsweets
Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 19, 2019 at 05:08 AM

I am struggling with dark circles as well. Can you recommend something for that? And any good tutorials about covering them that you can recommend off youtube? I use tarte's concealer I forget what its called but its one of their top sellers. I cant seem to find the right balance of coverage without having the concealer settle in and make the circles look worse. Sometimes I get lucky and get it right but not always. I do know both of those stores do foundation matching but my issue is the lighting in the ones by me is not great and I have had one matched and gotten home to find it was too dark so I am not sure what to do about it. I am in love with too-faced 'better than sex' mascara and I just bought one a month ago and cant find it so I am really upset about that.
Did you happen to go into Ulta for their beauty days sale? I only made it in for one day but scored a Stila all day liquid liner for half off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by healingme4me View Post
I think it's either Sephora or Ulta that will do a free foundation match? Or maybe both? I don't use more than Laura Merciers Translucent setting powder at the moment. Liquids make me break out and I tend to maintain a healthy color that washes out under full face coverage. But neither here nor there. Eye shadow I float between a shaded primer-ulta or Mac Paint Pots. Or I've stumbled upon Sydney Grace individual shadows that don't crease, don't melt and I haven't found others that come close. I don't smokey eye where I work within a school district and conservative approach is more comfortable for me. I need waterproof eyeliners and mascaras. I've found a favorite in tartes maneater but have an abundance of others unopened to work through unless they offer that again on black friday at sale prices. I do have an unopened sample of it if in a couple months I cannot resist the urge to open that over others.
One thing that I have that is super pricey full price but I dab some on my cheeks and temples is Oribe Glow Drops. It's a face oil but when you aren't getting the 8 hours a night like me...it helps.
My main focus aside from a rather ritualistic skin care routine is my under eyes. I have genetic 'allergy shiners'-made worse as the week go on with less sleep. So eye serums and brightening caffeinated eye creams and two shades of concealer and that powder dabbed on top and an eye brightener. And that lighter shade of eye shadow on the lids goes a long way for me.

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
healingme4me