Community Liaison

Member Since Apr 2013
4,168 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 19, 2019 at 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
I am struggling with dark circles as well. Can you recommend something for that? And any good tutorials about covering them that you can recommend off youtube? I use tarte's concealer I forget what its called but its one of their top sellers. I cant seem to find the right balance of coverage without having the concealer settle in and make the circles look worse. Sometimes I get lucky and get it right but not always. I do know both of those stores do foundation matching but my issue is the lighting in the ones by me is not great and I have had one matched and gotten home to find it was too dark so I am not sure what to do about it. I am in love with too-faced 'better than sex' mascara and I just bought one a month ago and cant find it so I am really upset about that.

Did you happen to go into Ulta for their beauty days sale? I only made it in for one day but scored a Stila all day liquid liner for half off.

I take it you're using Shape Tape? If you haven't tried tapping a little setting powder, start by doing that. I'm using the Origins ginsing eye brightening cream and an eye serum that I picked up at Marshalls before making the eye serum leap. First step is hydration and slight brightening color. When I finish with this serum, I have a tula one to try. I use an eye cream brush(looks like an eye crease brush) when applying my cream. My finger seems to over blend the cream and it's just a better way for me in dealing with this. I give all that time(a cup of coffee time) to sink into my skin in the morning. I use DHC Velvet Skin Coat as a primer for my eyes. I then take a small eye concealer brush and dot IT bye bye under eyes concealer and a different brush to blend and I do then under that use rimmel match perfect liquid under that area and blend the darker shade up and into the lighter shade(exact opposite of the tutorial that I will mention in a moment) and use yet another brush and dab in the setting powder. I use brushes to be gentle with a little line that I have in that area and get product to get it to puff up(I don't deal with puffiness but the opposite-sunkeness). There's an awesome tutorial on Sephoras YT about shadows and dark circles. If you see the origins cream mentioned, then you've found it. One of the behind the scenes directors is the model for that clip. The mentioned concealers in that I tried and returned wrong undertone and what I'm using is working for me and why ruin a good thing. That's the thing, there's so much out there for info and product but everyone's challenges are individual. Make up is artistry after all.
I can find the mascara you mentioned on the ulta website, hope it reappears for you.
I did shop ulta online 3 of the 21 days. I was able to get my eye cream for half off, so now I have a back up stored. Found a hair/scalp serum that has worked like magic and a couple other things. I didn't need a lot as I had resupplied on Black Friday. I did shop in store on the last day of the sale in Maine and picked up those Captain Marvel train cases and makeup bags much to the cheers of my sons. Was b2g2. Ulta isn't far away but it's not conveniently close either.
healingme4me is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote