Poohbah

Member Since Sep 2016
112 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 19, 2019 at 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild at heart View Post
The way you describe blank slate: no self disclosure and no reassurance, describes my T2. I had not previously thought of the lack of reassurance as being a part of the blank slate. A difference with my T compared to yours is that I don’t feel that she accepted my negative emotions (of insecurity) towards her. Which is ironic as I think her being blank slate elicited that. Maybe your T is just better at it than mine was. You describe your T as ‘safe’. I don’t feel that my therapy with T2 was safe. I’m wondering how your T is safe if he didn’t give reassurance? Is his consistency reassuring?
The feeling of safe has come from within, from the experience of being together with him. Also, I suppose there has been some reassurance (funny, but I feel that I don't really understand what that means), but mostly the safe has come from how I experience and perceive him in session. It has taken time though. I suppose that means it comes from consistency because he has been extremely consistent.

May I ask, do you actually have any evidence that she does not accept your negative feelings or you just assume that?
feileacan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote