View Single Post
Ashleypenwren

Member Since Mar 2019
Default Apr 19, 2019 at 10:36 AM

I started emdr for OCD and a specific phobia that other therapy wasn't addressing. It's goofy and weird. Mine uses her finger, I just follow it back and forth with my eyes. I get paranoid she is looking at me while I process and I dissociate and will just lose momentum a lot. There is no right or wrong way I guess.

I'd say try it. I think it has fuzzed out my bad memories some. They feel more like facts now but I can connect emotionally when I want to. It gives me control of it. It hasn't addressed my phobia at all though...T instead zoned right in on some trauma I didn't even plan to address.

I think emdr therapists (if they are good) are very skilled at rooting out emotions and trauma. It might be good if you are feeling like you don't know what to focus on.

I will warn you though...schedule thoughtfully. I am out of it for about 24 hours after and I always need a nap. I always stress eat after. Also a good emdr T should allow you some space if you need to do regular therapy some weeks.
Ashleypenwren is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote