View Single Post
Anonymous40643

Default Apr 19, 2019 at 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
I agree with @Trishabuv. Radical acceptance helps me. Its really hard not to let people who say nasty things to us to let it go. Part of what helps me is to acknowledge to myself that there is no truth to what has been said. I seriously think about it too. I think about if there is anything I did to encourage such unsolicited advice and usually there isn't anything. One attitude I have adjusted which is really freeing is...a I'll try to be PG here but its the F**k off attitude. If someone has an opinion about me or says something to me they can go f**k themselves. I am not saying that telling them that is the best choice(although I admit I have said it to someone before and the shock value is priceless) but its very freeing. Even said to yourself is freeing. Seriously, who asked for the comments? Who are they to say crap to me (especially if they need to take their own advice)? I find that some people say to me what they do not like or fear in themselves. Isn't it easier to criticize people then turn the lens inwards sometimes? I am very flawed and far from perfect but in no way am I going to give someone else's useless, baseless, stupid,ignorant, insignificant, unhelpful, nasty, any power in my life. Easier said then done of course. You got this girl!
Thank you for this!
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky