View Single Post
Anonymous49809

Default Apr 19, 2019 at 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by feileacan View Post
The feeling of safe has come from within, from the experience of being together with him. Also, I suppose there has been some reassurance (funny, but I feel that I don't really understand what that means), but mostly the safe has come from how I experience and perceive him in session. It has taken time though. I suppose that means it comes from consistency because he has been extremely consistent.

May I ask, do you actually have any evidence that she does not accept your negative feelings or you just assume that?
This is an old T that I’m talking about, I’m no longer seeing her, but I’m still trying to understand what went wrong and lay it to rest. I felt that she didn’t accept my negative feelings because when I tried to talk about it (shame at something she did), she cut me off.

From your description I just think that your T is perhaps better at it than this t was. Your T has helped you to feel safe, but that didn’t happen for me with this T, it happened for me with the next T (who died), and has happened with my current T.

I too ponder about the meaning of reassurance, and what it is my T does that reassured me.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote